PDA

View Full Version : Edge and Heat

denverdale
07-25-2006, 13:07
I just finished a 9000 mile trip to Alaska. I was pulling a 5th wheel with a GVW of 13500. I would guess my actual weight at around 12500 to 13000. I ran the Edge juice on level 2 all the way. I never had a single hickup out of the truck and the performance was great.
After I got the trailer cleaned up and was parking it at the storage location, the truck just died. It would restart and run very rough for a minute and then die again. I disconnected the Juice and all was well. I believe that the reason the juice caused the truck to die was due to excessive heat. The outside temp. was about 95* and I was running the truck very slow and also had the air conditioning on. After cooling down, I reinstalled the juice and it ran great. I have the juice box mounted on top of the fuse box on the left side under the hood.
Two questions:
1. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
2. Where is the best place to mount the box?

I should state that I have a 2002 silverado ext. cab, short box, D/A.
Any help/suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks
Denverdale

DmaxMad
07-25-2006, 13:20
I have experienced the same more than once. I never had to take the module off though. I just turned the key to the off position let it sit for about a minute. All was well. This happened just after pulling 14k trailer in 97 plus outside temps.

cjbear100usa
07-25-2006, 17:12
I've had the same problem twice. Once in bumper to bumper traffic jam (Atlanta) on a hot day & the second time a loooonnnng wait in a drive through.

My symptoms: truck stumbles and dies parked in gear while idling. Very rough restart, modulate the throttle to keep it running. Attitude goes blank, comes back a few minutes later with nonsense fixed readings. Hours later, I'm back to normal.

denverdale
07-26-2006, 11:12
Since I am not the only one that this has happened to, where is the coolest place to mount the box?

Dale

oyazi
07-26-2006, 13:34
Hung the box itself from the fender/firewall brace w/a small piece of carpet between it and the brace. Uncertain if its the coolest ~ on the later versions of the juice/'tudes one can monitor the eng bay (intake) temp I suppose. Edge is struggling to fix and update to newer version. Believe its @ box version 2.1 right now. Still awaiting my replacement.

imsweetdaddy
07-26-2006, 21:26
Don't have it on mine but my fathers truck does it all the time. Box went complately out one time, but they replaced it, this one still does it. Also make tranny go limp alot, but stop truck , kill it, wait and crank back up and it'll work for a little while. Can't pull nothing with it... he just discconnects it when he has to pull the trailer. This is why I bought the Bully Dog, only thing I don't like about the Dog is all the darn smoke! Later.