PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 engine ID - help please

msova
07-26-2006, 20:05
I've found a motor for the step van with a blown 6.5 (10149599) This other motor is supposedly a 6.5. It looks to have a casting number starting with 1023...or possibly 4023.... (I've only got a photo at present, need to get the actual number).

At any rate, can anyone tell from those four numbers what motor this is? Surely there is some sort of chart somewhere on the entire www that breaks down all the different casting numbers

thanks much!

Bnave95
07-27-2006, 00:59
I've found a motor for the step van with a blown 6.5 (10149599) This other motor is supposedly a 6.5. It looks to have a casting number starting with 1023...or possibly 4023.... (I've only got a photo at present, need to get the actual number).

At any rate, can anyone tell from those four numbers what motor this is? Surely there is some sort of chart somewhere on the entire www that breaks down all the different casting numbers

thanks much!
http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/pumplist.htm
Pump numbers may also help with what year the Eng block casting was made

msova
07-27-2006, 03:18
For some reason, I wasn't able to access that page. A login box appeared but wouldn't accept my login even though I am already logged in. Is that some sort of privelaged area whereby one needs a certain number of posts before being able to access it?

Anyhow...pumps on these things are changed a lot...I doubt it is the original pump...I beliive thie is a reman anyhow. I have a couple pix.....will posting them/emailing them to someone help id?