PDA

View Full Version : General Tire Questions

TurboDiverArt
07-27-2006, 16:34
Hi All,

I'm now looking for tires to put on my new H2 rims. Ideally I'd like to stick with the stock width and height. I little taller is OK but definitely not more than an inch. If I have to go a little wider I will but again, I really don

DA BIG ONE
07-27-2006, 16:48
The 80 psi is for "E" rated tires. The factory steel rims for a 2500 6.5 burb are riveted being stronger than welded.

I suggest if you go w/D rated make sure it is rated for 3,000+ lbs @ 65psi, remember we are talking a 2500 burb here.

TurboDiverArt
07-28-2006, 04:00
The 80 psi is for "E" rated tires. The factory steel rims for a 2500 6.5 burb are riveted being stronger than welded.

I suggest if you go w/D rated make sure it is rated for 3,000+ lbs @ 65psi, remember we are talking a 2500 burb here.
Thanks, I see that now. Seems all most of the tires that are 3000lbs are E rated.

Art.

TJ Moose
07-31-2006, 19:49
Here is a really nice tire spec chart from the BFG website. (Its the address for the info and spec on BFG TA's)

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/all_terrain_ta_kd.pdf

Gives you pretty much everything you'd want to know about actual tire sizes, rim fitment, both weight rating, and actual tire weight capacity - which changes some dependent on tire size. For example - there are some "D" rated tires that will bear the same weight as an "E" rated tire - depending on size. Don't know if you can say that these ratings would be exactly the same for other company's tires - its just that this is a nice quick education on tire info.