PDA

View Full Version : Best Injection pump timing

perryvr
07-27-2006, 20:13
What is the best timing that I should have set on my 1994 GMC K2500HD.

I am taking the truck in tomorrow to have the TDC Offset learn done and have the timing set if necessary.

I recently had the truck "scanned" with a snap-on scanner but it was unable to do the "learn" procedure.

This snap-on scanner gave the following readings:

TDC Offset
Desired Timing
Actual Timing

I do not remember what the numbers were...

What should I have the mechanic set these at?

I assume he will be setting them to the factory spec but maybe there is something better.

I will be putting in a "chip" in it within the next week or so and I do not know if that will make a difference.

I would like to get a good balance between power and mileage..I know that is a lot to ask but one can always try

Thanks

Bnave95
07-28-2006, 03:00
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=2049&highlight=timing
Hear some info if it does'nt confuse you.
My timing set on my truck went this way. Set pump timing(crank) to 3.5 deg. This is done by moving the pump. Once set the rest is done by the scanner,Tech II. Look for a vaule of -1.95 TDCO (top dead center offset)
This is a learn that is programed by the Tech II in to the ECM.

kenisret
08-01-2006, 12:45
I have owned my 95 C3500 for 12 years now and I/P has never been moved by me.Recently I did some mods and had the heads off so I had to remove pump but I left it bolted to the front water pump plate so the timing was never disturbed.I used a OTC Genisys scan tool and at idle it called for a desired timing of 10 deg.and it was reading 10 deg. actual.