PDA

View Full Version : DTC Offset

Stratosurfer
08-01-2006, 04:39
All,
I just relocated my fuel conditioner from stock location to right fender well, done by my mechanic, after which the Burb would stall when hot. It threw off codes P1214 and P0216 after this relocation.
I put on a new PMD on the FSD Sync, thinking that the PMD was dying, ran better but not right.
Took Burb to dealer yesterday figuring I'm in line for a free IP under warranty, Dealer charged my $65 and said my DTC Offset had never been set! It was now set and the thing runs great! Dealer said records showed a new pump installed on Burb @ 85K, and DTC offset must not have been set correctly at that point!
1) The Burb ran great prior to filter relocation. How could anything to do with filter relocation have changed my DTC's??
2) How could my DTC settings have been incorrect for 20K miles?? Engine service was on occasionally, but ran great.

Generally confused in Central Texas.

JohnC
08-01-2006, 09:10
Do you mean "TDC Offset?"

If the PCM "forgets" the current values, it will re-learn them automatically. Sounds like when it went to relearn, the values were out of range. Did you remove the batteries for any length of time while you were working on the filter?

If the pump was replaced at 85K it would have been on warranty. Why did you get charged to do something that was part of a warranty service?

Stratosurfer
08-01-2006, 17:34
I had not heard that term until yesterday.
================================================== ========
If the pump was replaced at 85K it would have been on warranty. Why did you get charged to do something that was part of a warranty service?[/QUOTE]
================================================== ===
My question to the tech exactly. But for $65 and a sweet runnig Burb, I must say I feel happy somehow....