PDA

View Full Version : How much can I sell my Van for?

6.2 G-30 van
08-01-2006, 19:17
Hello there , if I decide to sell my cargo van, how much can I expect to get for it? I'm thinking of selling it on eBay but am not sure of what reserve price to set. May I get some opinions from the group please?

'93 Chevy G-30 1-ton cargo van. About 150,000 miles. 8,600 GVWR. Heavy duty van that had a light duty service life. I am the original owner and have the clear title to prove it.

Standard 125" wheelbase , working heater and air conditioning, steel grey metallic color, 33 gallon tank, split side cargo doors, 4.10 to 1 differential gears, Eaton limited slip option, 14 bolt rear axle.

I added : DSG gear drive, Stan's Hedders, 2 1/2" dual exhaust w/crossover pipe, Flowmaster big block mufflers, mandrel bent exhaust exits before rear wheels. No catalytic converters because the original factory dual exhaust didn't.

I lifted the front suspension 2" and relocated upper ball joints to get back some downward suspension travel. Custom ordered, 1 piece welded True Radius Welding grille guard w/headlight ears, plus Dick Cepek lights. Uses 2-quart sized Amsoil full-flow and by-pass oil filters, and everything running on Amsoil products exclusively after 1st oil change.

Still starts instantly in East coast winters w/Lucas glow plugs. I replaced fuel injectors, added dashboard switch to activate fuel injection pump's timing advance. Added a black high-back reclining front bucket seat with folding armrests. I added windows on back doors and a small rectangular window on each side just behind the front doors plus a passenger bench seat to qualify for private passenger license plates.

Hardly any rust . A few dings but nothing serious. I plan on bondo-ing the minor dents before I sell it.

The differential currently functions like a standard open diff because the Eaton torque-limiting discs gave way as a fail safe when I was spinning the rear tires too much on ice trying to get into a parking spot during winter. I have the rebuild kit however.

Thank you for your time.