PDA

View Full Version : Blocker Plate and Finger Install Troubles On 06 LBZ

AmericanThunder
08-04-2006, 23:12
Hi Guys,

I have an 06 LBZ I recently installed the blocker plate on. Since it got late I was unable to do the fingers before hitting the hay last night. No CES light until I was on my way home this evening (about 400 miles and no light). I Just finished the fingers install and have started and restarted the truck probably 30 times and I still get the CES light. I double checked all wires and I soldered all connections. My question is will this clear or do I need to have them cleared? Is there a problem with the stick? Maybe completely unrelated? By the way the truck has about 800 miles on it 400 of which were driven today with the blocker in and no fingers.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sean

06 Silverado REGULAR CAB 4X4 LBZ

DmaxMaverick
08-05-2006, 02:59
It would help to know which DTC was setting the SES. If you haven't cleared it since it first showed up, it may take longer to clear itself. The emmissions codes are pretty persistent, and some don't self reset for quite a while. You could try disconnecting the batteries for a period, but I'm not sure that will work. You'll need to clear the code with a scanner, then watch for it to return. The reason for the code setting may be gone, but the PCM will retain it until it expires. Many DTC's require a number of warm up cycles to clear once the source goes away, while others require just a number of ignition cycles.

Kennedy
08-05-2006, 06:52
Running with the EGR blocked and no compensation (Fingers stick) is the likely cause. Now you have DTC's set (assuming just EGR related) that need to be cleared. Like Dmax Mav stated, it will take a bit for them to clear. Reading (write them down for reference) and clearing with a code reader would be best approach.

You could also double check all of your connections and locations.

AmericanThunder
08-05-2006, 11:15
Thanks guys...Got in the truck this morning and no more light. Guess it will take a while for the internal code to clear but at least the light is out.

Thanks again