PDA

View Full Version : Just a little about me and a thank you

Robyn
08-05-2006, 17:23
A few days ago Jim sent me an email asking me if I would like to fill the spot as a moderator on the tech forum. I was honored that he would ask me and wanted to publicly thank him for the oportunity to help out.
I am not the grizzled old mechanic that many may have envisioned. I have however been envolved in the industry for many years and seen a zillion miles and many more smiles from happy customers.
I currently operate a small trucking company as well as being co-owner in a local gun shop and I am also the special projects director for Cloud Mt. Armory. Cloud Mt is the manufacture of a fine 50 caliber AR-15 type rifle.
(This is a short hybrid 50 cal not 50 BMG)
here is a picture of Li'll Ol me standing behind my Suburban that I just finished rebuilding the 6.5 in a few weeks ago.
Yup thats right yes I know well its true there are a few of us out there that like to get our hands dirty!

moondoggie
08-06-2006, 15:46
Good Day!

Well I for one am certainly glad Jim asked you. It's obvious from your posts that you have a good handle on many of the arcane corners of the 6.2/6.5/etc world. We are truly blessed to have folks like yourself moderating the Page.

Thanks & Blessings!

Robyn
08-06-2006, 19:15
Well thank you for the kind words.
I will give the job all I can offer.
I just love tweaking with these little beasties.
The 94 has about a grand on it now since I got it going again and is running so sweet.
That was such a job. Its been a few years since I have done a major overhaul and I am getting to an age that I dont like crawling around in and over stuff any more.
94 was as tight an install as I have ever seen with all the accessories on it its bloody tight to get at things. I ripped everything off the engine prior to removing it though and that helped.
Well on to bigger and better things
Robyn

CleviteKid
08-07-2006, 13:16
Hey, Robyn!

Thanx for lending a hand. The 'Burban is nice and all, but your 84 Blazer has to be the real fun machine, until you get your kit-truck completed.

Of course I am partial to the '84 model year myself.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/photopost/direct_data/1110/medium/IMG_0139-cr.jpg

Robyn
08-07-2006, 17:03
My Kingdom for a brand new 1984 Blazer/Jimmy
I love the little 84. It has issues though. Its been rolled by a previous owner and the repair was shoddy and the paint sucks. The poor little beastie sat in a field of tall grass for 6 years prior to me buying it. I was driving down this back road one day and saw it sitting in this field with a faded out for sale sign in the window. I stopped and looked and sure enough it was a diesel. The owner was happy to accept my offer of 2k for it and I went back with a can of diesel and a set of charged batteries.
The critter fired up within 5 seconds of hitting the switch. Ran like crap for over a week though. I doped up the fuel with lots of tranny fluid and Marvel mystery oil to get the pump and squirts working better.
Mechanically the engine is fine but It needs a new pump and squirts, which I just happen to have sitting on the bench in my work shop.
Found a Humvee pump on ebay for $25 and got a set of squirts rebuilt locally. The pump was full of mud so they reworked it to new condition back to Mil spec and refitted the electrical stuff to 12v.
Fellow in town said he has only seen 2 of that number pump. I think its the same specs as a J engine but not sure.
I really would love to have a 95 2 door Tahoe and refit it to DB2 pump and a few other tricks.
Oh well too many wants me thinks.
Too many guys want to come over and play with my toys too, HAAAAAAAAAAAAA :0)
The crowd over at H1 forum have proposed on numerous occasions.
Well off to stir the pot.
Robyn