PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with a Keystone VR1 trailer?

woodchuck
08-05-2006, 17:52
We went looking at travel trailers today and found one the wife and I both like. It is a VR1 made by Keystone. I don't believe they have been making this model very long, and I don't know anyone who has owned a Keystone trailer of any kind. The distinctive feature of the VR1 is the front end, which comes to a point just behind the hitch ball. The literature is very limited, but it seems like a nice trailer, and should be much more aerodynamic than the normal trailer.

Any experiences with Keystone, or with the VR1 would help us to decide yes or no on this trailer.

Thanks for the help.

Woodchuck

jevanb
08-06-2006, 03:14
I have been trying to find one in the area we live (mi) but no body carries them, I love the idea of the front, just wish i could see one up close.

Inspector
08-06-2006, 15:26
Try a web site called the "RV.net" with that inquiry. Go to the open roads forum.
Denny

StrangeEngine
08-06-2006, 16:33
We went looking at travel trailers today and found one the wife and I both like. It is a VR1 made by Keystone. I don't believe they have been making this model very long, and I don't know anyone who has owned a Keystone trailer of any kind. The distinctive feature of the VR1 is the front end, which comes to a point just behind the hitch ball. The literature is very limited, but it seems like a nice trailer, and should be much more aerodynamic than the normal trailer.

That looks like a very nice trailer, but don't expect a big aerodynamic benefit.

I have a 22' race car trailer with a 4' v-nose (from Santek Trailers (http://www.santektrailers.com/vdesign.html)) and it's not any better than a regular trailer. One of the things I noticed once when towing in the rain is that air curls off the sides of the truck and runs smack into the canted face of the trailer perfectly perpendicular to the v-nose surface, which is the worst possible scenario.

It does, however, provide a bunch of extra space in the trailer that would normally be wasted on the tonque.

- Mark

arveetek
08-07-2006, 08:36
While I have no personal experience with the VR1, I work for an RV dealership that handles several Keystone products. I do believe Keystone to be a great company with excellent customer service, and would recommend them to anyone.

Casey

woodchuck
08-08-2006, 11:15
OK, thanks for the information. We have decided to trade our old Wilderness in on the VR1. We will find out if it is as good as it looks. We don't travel far at this point but expect to a lot more in a few years, if the price of fuel will allow.

Thanks again for the help.

DmaxMaverick
08-08-2006, 13:38
I agree about the Keystones. I have a 2005 5'er. Excellent quality, design, and fit & finish. Their TT's looked as nice.