PDA

View Full Version : Love The New Lbz

cowboywildbill
08-05-2006, 20:03
I am really impressed with our new 06. It runs great, I haven't got more than 700 miles on it yet, but it tows real strong. The milage is as good or better than our 02 was. It is soo quiet, I don't think I'll change the exhaust. I am going to order the stuff "finger stick and whatever else I need from Kennedy for the EGR block. I will wait for any power mod, untill they get them perfected. It runs soo good I may run it stock. "WELL MAYBE"?

More Power
08-08-2006, 13:04
The 2006 LBZ sure kicked butt in this year's Pull-Off (http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/pulloff2006c.htm). ;)

Jim

cowboywildbill
08-09-2006, 10:05
I read that about the pull off. And our's feels like it pulls as strong bone stock as our 02 did on edge level two and with a banks exhaust. It is awesome so far. I did read the post about a couple of LBZ's having a problem with blue smoke at idle. I wonder if it has something to do with the EGR valve or maybe a leakimg oil seal at the turbo ? I am trying to find out what the best additive is to run in the fuel. Any idea's. I havee Total power from John, I ran that in the 02. I am going to put my deep pan on the 06. I was thinking about transynd in it also. Is the new fluid the same? Thanks for your time. You guy's are all very helpful to all of us on the page.

More Power
08-09-2006, 11:31
My personal opinion about fuel treatments......

I recommend using a nationally available and recognized brand of diesel fuel treatment/additive..... This will allow you to buy it when you're on the road - anywhere. Choose one that improves fuel lubricity, adds cetane and includes a fuel injector cleaner.

If you happen to have a problem with your "in-warranty" Duramax, and you get the most anal of dealers, you should know that only Racor & Stanadyne brand diesel fuel treatments are recognized by GM.

GM insists that only an alcohol-free and water-demulsifing fuel treatment be used. I know there is some debate about this, but.... it's what GM has published.

When corresponding with both Stanadyne and Power Service, they indicated to me that adding their fuel treatments at the recommended mix ratio will protect your fuel injection system from a potential problem with inadequate fuel lubricity when using the new ULSD.

Jim

cowboywildbill
08-10-2006, 06:48
Thanks I'll give them a try.