PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Dixie
08-06-2006, 23:01
Hi all, I'm a newbie here but not to the 6.2(had 3). Now I have pulled one to build for my sub from a 84. Where can I look for the block casting #?.gp
http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.asp?id=9155

Robyn
08-07-2006, 07:32
Welcome to the Diesel Page
We hope you enjoy our company here and all the forums have to offer.
The DP has a large following of very knowledgable folks from all walks of life that have one thing in common at least, We all love these little GM diesels.

The numbers are on the bell housing flange on the drivers side rear of the engine right below the cylinder head. Also it may be on the other side inside the area behind the flex plate

CleviteKid
08-07-2006, 13:19
Hey Dixie,

Welcome aboard.

If you have the intake manifold off, the big dots in the valley above the pushrod galley will have, I believe, the last three digits of the casting number. 599 is a good one :) .

Dixie
08-09-2006, 21:37
Got it out. Not got manifold off yet Doc. As for the other it ends in 660... I'll get the other tomorrow...gp
Thanks much in the mean time and great documentation. Books are Great!

BILLYDIESEL
08-14-2006, 20:37
Still Dont Know How To Talk On Line On This Site Yet?
Somebody Please Help?

Robyn
08-15-2006, 06:55
Well hi there BD
You are doing fine, the Diesel Page is not a live chat room though.
This is a Forum where you post your comments or wants, concerns,questions, ect and others will respond.
This particular forum is for technical stuff for the 6.2/6.5 engines. I am one of the moderators and try to get in here at least twice a day to see whats up and look things over.
Hope you find what you need. The folks that visit here are all great people and willing to help.

Robyn