PDA

View Full Version : annual report

chickenhunterbob
08-08-2006, 19:24
annual report -

truck runs great

drove 29,857.6 km this year (aug to aug), used 3,660.26l for (imperial) 21.05 MPG

(for comparison) year 1 - 21.12MPG, year 2 - 20.95MPG, so about the same, for all practical purposes

Otherwise routine mtce, rear u-joint front drive shaft, new vac pump, rear transfer case seal, two new batteries.

Some cosmetic stuff - new cab corners welded in, and intalled Bushwacker flares to get the look I wanted.

y'all got me worried about the PMD, so I have a new one, mounted on a Beta cooler
setting in the console between the two front seats, just in case...

Existing one has 100K + on the IP, so may be on borrowed time, we'll see..

ronniejoe
08-08-2006, 19:29
Hey, Bob,

I was in Winnipeg on 7/28 on business. Visited Standard Aero Limited at 33 Allendyne Rd. near the airport.

chickenhunterbob
08-08-2006, 19:45
Ronnie joe..

don't be ingognito next time you come to town, gimme a call and I'll spring for something to eat.

Bnave95
08-09-2006, 02:25
Wow,100K PMD :D I would think letting the fuel to not drop down over a half tank then refueling could save a PMD. Along with cooler T stats and no heating issues. Also no heavy towing. How do you use the truck?

chickenhunterbob
08-09-2006, 07:51
Wow,100K PMD :D I would think letting the fuel to not drop down over a half tank then refueling could save a PMD. Along with cooler T stats and no heating issues. Also no heavy towing. How do you use the truck?

Yes, from what I learned here, I seldom allow the tank to drop too far below the half, except on longer trips on the highway where I suspect there is sufficient airflow around the tank to keep the fuel temp somewhere around ambient.

I use the truck primarily on the highway, my camp is 300km from home, and I drive that distance every week or so from spring through fall. More often during hunting season in the fall.

I often have the box filled to the brim with gear, but don't tow anything, and drive 100 km/h.

I seldom drive in the city, take my bicycle or the bus to work, or if I have to drive, I use my wife's minivan.

I had the cooling system flushed and thermostat replaced last November. I have never had any heating issues, just a maintenance thing. There is only 1 thermostat offered as OEM, I suspect is 180, my dash temp gauge reads 70C year round.

Also, (in an effort to preserve the PMD) I raise the hood once I get to camp or home, to avoid heat soak. Whether this has any benefit to the PMD or not I can't really say, but it can't hurt.