PDA

View Full Version : 01 will not run

medic198
08-09-2006, 05:41
Hello again,

Well after 5 years of great running it's my turn to have problems. last week leaking fuel lines. This morning.. Stalled engine.

7:30 Am today, started the ole girl up like every other morning going to work... moved about 10 feet out of the driveway and she died...I mean DIED. It stopped and would not start. It was like I shut it off. It cranks strong, plenty of fuel... last week had two fuel lines leaking...they have been fixed.

Give me someplace simple to start looking. One of the guys I work with told me to change the oil... maybe an oil low pressure switch or something.....
???? tell me

Kennedy
08-09-2006, 07:24
Try bleeding the filter and pumping the primer up hard as first point of attack.

Any aftermarket harness boxes (chips) installed?

medic198
08-09-2006, 07:44
Tried it.....fuel in filter, removed bleed screw....pumped good clean fuel... will not start. thanks

jevanb
08-09-2006, 08:16
chevy has rebates for the 06's still

BILLYDIESEL
08-15-2006, 05:13
Bleed Air In Fuel System Using Plastic Screw On Top Of Fuel Filter.
Make Sure All Air Bubbles Are Gone And Push Primer Auround 50 Times Or More Until Primer Feels Hard Then Try And Start.
Also Make Sure Your Engine Light Turns On When Cycling Your Key

medic198
08-15-2006, 09:55
Well it's been over a week now, The diesel Dude say's he has no idea whats wrong...voltage good, fuel lines tight and no leaks anywhere. full of Sunco fuel, good station move lots of fuel. Fuel filter replaced, lines bled. injector pump checks out. No fuel in oil....oil right on full mark.. nothing yet but a bigger bill and the Diesel dude place

BILLYDIESEL
08-16-2006, 11:53
What Type Of Truck And Engine Is It.i'm A Little Bit Confused