PDA

View Full Version : Dead dino filtration devise?

Rot Box
08-12-2006, 09:45
Hey I've got a quick question: First of all I swear by Napa's Gold oil filters, but their 2-quart version doesn't have a check valve where the reg filter does. So who makes a good 2-quart filter with a check valve? I like the 2-quart filter, but I don't like not having oil pressure for a coulpe of seconds after every startup :confused: or should I even worry about it?
P.S. Baldwins seem to be very expensive, but mabey that's the price you have to pay for good insurance :rolleyes:

john8662
08-12-2006, 10:38
Good luck trying to fit the 2 quart filter on a 4x4 6.5, there simply isn't enough room in there with the filter facing horizontally, which is the sole reason why the anti-drainback valve is needed in the filter.

Unless you have your filter remote mounted, you're going to be using the standard size filter.

BTW, the 2WD's don't have an adapter and connect to the block leaving the filter hanging vertically the whole time, so the extra room is there to use the 2qt version.

Rot Box
08-12-2006, 13:31
Uh.. I am currently running a true 2-quart filter ;) yes an EXTREMELY tight fit, but it's on there and works :cool:

Rot Box
08-13-2006, 14:15
Am I the only one running a 2-quart filter on a 4wd or is this a dumb question :confused: