PDA

View Full Version : DEXRON VI what is it Really?

cowboywildbill
08-14-2006, 18:18
I was told by our dealer that it is synthetic. I was wondering if it really is, then why doesn't it say that on the label? Some one else said it is semi-synthetic. And then I heard it is just Dexron III with an additive. What is it really?
Just curious. I was going the transynd route, but if it already is the same, then I won't waste my money I put on my deep pan and sump and topped it off with the new Dexron VI. I went on line and did some research, it looks like Dexron VI is just a lighter viscosity petrolium base with an additive package. Would I be better off with transynd, I read an Amsoil site that said they had the exact same thing as Transynd, Amsoil calls torque shift for less money. Anyone know if it is as good? Thanks

SoTxPollock
08-22-2006, 10:23
Congrads, by the way. Is that what your new truck came with from the factory?

cowboywildbill
08-23-2006, 10:16
Thanks, They said that all six speeds have the Dexron VI in them. I am going to go with transynd after I run it a while. I do notice that the tranny temp gauge runs cooler than our 02 did. Maybe due to bigger Trans cooler on the 06's.Or maybe just gauge difference. We miss our 02 "it had real attitude" ran really strong. This new one seems to tow stock just as strong as the 02 did while on level two edge. At least going by the seat of our pants it feels that way. It is so quiet. And I think we will keep it that way.

mrwolf
08-25-2006, 11:11
Dexron VI is a blend of synthetic and regular fluid manufactured by Petro Canada. See Attachment

cowboywildbill
08-25-2006, 19:33
Thanks for the info. Do you think Transynd is any better being a full synthetic? I am going to run the Dexron VI in my 05 Impalla and I think it is already in my wifes 06 Hummer H3 . After putting the deep pan on our 06 D/max I added the Dexron VI to top off , I noticed that the Dexron VI poured fast.
Like a "lighter viscosity" and the transynd flows. Not as thick as the old Dexron III was.

mark45678
09-04-2006, 07:32
I dont think Transyn is a full SYN oil , I recall some post years gone by that stated it was a blend also...... transyn does seam to loose its color faster then other oils????? it is made by Castrol maybe there is data posted some where on the net.