PDA

View Full Version : this is a new one

jon6.5
08-16-2006, 12:59
every so often, maby once a day my 6.5td truck when put into gear aafter its all the way in gear it will give a little spike in rpms like from an idle to 2000 rpm and back very fast. I cannnot decide what could cause this. any ideas?

Robyn
08-16-2006, 18:18
Not sure. Mine has done that twice.
Any codes??
The sucker is getting a wierd erroneous signal to the throttle circuit for some reason.
Check for codes.
Does the engine really rev that much or is it the tach jumping up. 2000 would make the rig take off with a rip???

jon6.5
08-18-2006, 04:27
yea it takes off like a raped ape it sets ya back

Robyn
08-18-2006, 07:31
This is an issue that needs looking into. Much more than anoying. This is a safety issue that needs fixing.
I am at a loss for an explanation here. Give John Kennedy a call.. (kennedy diesel) He very well may have seen this and have an idea.

Good luck
Robyn

ronniejoe
08-18-2006, 08:49
Check for APP codes. It may also be FSD related.

JohnC
08-18-2006, 12:40
Most likely FSD or fuel solenoid. I'm surprised it doesn't stall. Get a scanner and look at solenoid closure time. You can also monitor APP setting to rule that in or out.

jon6.5
08-20-2006, 22:04
yea it is more than annoying if i where in a parking lot and it jumped like that i could flat out mess some ones day up

MTTwister
08-21-2006, 10:11
screwing u p the wiring for my TCC lockup switch. I had the resistor wired to the wrong terminal of the switch so it was permanently in line.

I drove to MI from MT, and once there, it really started acting up - random strange surging - while driving or on startups.

However I'm assmuing you don't have that mod on yours.

moondoggie
08-22-2006, 14:08
Good Day!

Our Sub has done this a few times over the years (maybe twice annually). Until recently it was always when putting it into reverse. Now it did it once when I put it in drive - sure wish I could remember if I had gone from reverse to drive, or just out of park. Kinda threw me, as it still does when it does it going into reverse - it happens so infrequently I completely forget about it by the time it happens next.

Yeah, it could kinda ruin someone's day...

Blessings!