PDA

View Full Version : Injectors going?

oneton
08-16-2006, 14:54
I just noticed today that I'm starting to have a slight problem. My 02 has 120,000 and I haven't had a single major problem with the trucks' engine. Well today it started to idle a little funny. Stopped, trans in Park, it idles fine. But as soon as I put a slight amount of pressure to rev the engine it starts to shake. Kick it up a couple of hundred RPM's and it shakes less violently but can feel it in the steering wheel. The shaking is in time with the RPM going up. Any clues? In anycase, I'm going to change the filter this weekend and see if maybe I just got some crud on my last 4300 mile trip a couple of weeks ago. The truck ran flawless the whole trip pulling 9-10,000 # the whole way.

David

DmaxMaverick
08-16-2006, 19:54
It depends on how bad your "shake" is. Cylinder balancing only occurs at idle, with 0% throttle input. What you are experiencing is the balancing going off, and all the injectors get the same shot of fuel. It could be an indicator of things to come, but if you are having no other issues, the dealer won't do anything. I suggest you have a balance test done to get the actual figures of the balance compensation and PWM. If you have, or know someone with a Predator or other compatible scanner, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, the dealer will charge you the shop rate (unless they say you need new injectors).