PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Kit

rfr002
08-16-2006, 15:48
Has anyone used the Cognito Motorsports kit to level their Dmax? How does it ride? I am thinking about getting is along with some 305's.

Buck
08-17-2006, 01:51
Personally, I would not buy it again. The ride is fine but your tie-rod and cv angles suck. I've got green torsion bar keys so I am set about 3/4" taller than what stock t-bar keys will let you go. Plus you're limited in wheels because of backspacing.

Go with 33" tires with stock suspension with t-bars cranked a bit. I ran my '01 that way for 80,000 miles with no problems. Make sure you put on cognito steering supports asap, they will help a ton.

If you want your truck taller get a regular 6" suspension lift. 4" lifts are (the same price as a 6")a waste of $$ IMO.

FBJR
08-17-2006, 13:15
I had it on my 06 1500HD and it was was an easy mod. They had a little trouble aligning it though, but it drove fine. Easy to do with hand tools.

I am debating on using it on my 06 2500 though. 5 turns on the stock bars and I am running 295/70-17s with just a little well trimming. Goes in for an alignment tomorrow.

I think it would be better if the kit didn't roll the caster point back so much.

I think CST has upper arms too but can't find them on the site.

FB