PDA

View Full Version : Intake

Finman
08-17-2006, 09:49
Considering an intake for my 05 DMax. Any thoughts on the best bang for the buck?

More Power
08-17-2006, 10:16
A performance air intake system does add a little power, but from a "bang for the buck" perspective, you're better off spending your money on something else... like an exhaust system, gauges and any one of many performance module/programmer. :)

I've seen most of the available air intake systems and have installed a couple (an AFE Stage I & Stage II). I like what I see in the Banks intake system (and a couple others), in that the airbox is sealed to keep out underhood air.

Check out our Product Reviews (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews.htm) page for a review on the AFE.

Jim

mcwhitsitt
08-17-2006, 15:28
Totally agree with Jim. '05 LLY 16,000 miles, Dually extended cab, searching for better mileage. Put the Banks System on it and noticed less than .2 mpg difference. Exhaust next. Already tried Predator tuner......disappointed. Changed accurracy of truck computer (mpg, Gallons used by about 25%) Smokes (heavily) when you stand on it (lots of power though). Restored factory settings, same mpg, little less power but no more smoke. Do the exhaust rather than the intake system first. Changing my exhaust next friday so we'll see.................

Finman
08-17-2006, 18:40
Thanks for the advice

ramblinrodney
12-12-2006, 15:22
Look at TxCrist. CAI. at cool my Duramax