PDA

View Full Version : It,s fast but has a problem

Chuck1
08-20-2006, 22:57
I have a 94 6.5 and ended up getting in a race with a friend of mine.He has a 03 power stroke, and he allways thought he was special .Well we ended up in a race and after about a half mile and a lot of black smoke from both trucks I was about 3 trucks ahead of him .this was from a standing start.It really felt good .And now he,s off trying out chips.Any way I seem to have developed a problem .Now some times when I punch it , IT will stall it seems to be random.After it stalls the service throttle light comes on but it starts up easy .Only when I really hit the throttle this happens.Any thoughts ?

Robyn
08-21-2006, 07:20
yes indeed
The pedal assembly more comonly know as the TPS is taking a poop.
There are three sensors in the box and when they start disagreeing with each other you will get the service throttle light.
This could also be the infamous PMD giving up too.
Does the service throttle light stay on after you restart or just when the thing is dead. If its off when the engine is running this is normal but you could be getting a glitch when you romp it hard. A 94 is bound to have a lot of hours on the clock so does the TPS most likely.
Pull up any codes and see what gives though before dropping any $$$$ on parts.
keep us posted
Robyn

Chuck1
09-09-2006, 21:51
Well I just got back .So I ran the codes And if i,m reading them right they are 84 23 27 does any one know what they mean.Also I only have 220000KL on the clock .And I replaced the PMDat about 200000KL and installed it remotely.When the stall happens the service throttle soon light comes on and stays on till i restart the engine. It always starts up easy This has happened abut six times in 8 months

Bnave95
09-10-2006, 01:48
DTC 27 - Accelerator Pedal Position 2 Circuit Range Fault

DTC 24 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Low (Output Speed Signal)
DTC 84 - Accelerator Pedal Position Circuit Fault
Trans code above.
You can try cleaning the three pot's on the pedal or replace.

Chuck1
09-10-2006, 12:40
It sure sounds like the sensors .How do I go about cleaning them .How much for a new one.