PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP>Replaced My Injectors Now I get 10 MPG????

imsweetdaddy
08-22-2006, 20:27
To make a long story short. Was getting 12-13 MPG, Truck Was Hard to start. Went round and round. Finally replaced injectors (60hp). Got my injectors in, put them in the truck, and now my milage is WORSE! Now I am only getting about 10-11 MPG. Have no problem starting truck now, cranks right up. Now what the heck??? Truck has plenty of power, but no mileage at all. 10 MPG just plain stinks!!!! HELP ! ! ! ? ? ?

4" exaust Magnum Blow through Muffler, Air box, Have Bully Dog but all it does is make the truck smoke like a train (yes it has more power but does not affect the milage at all, on any setting) 150hp setting with new injectors (60hp) and romp it, WILL THROW TRANNY LIMP!

Tried mileage on all settings, and has made no difference, very steady 10-11.5 MPG. Something cannot be right. What can I check? Please Help.

Kennedy
08-23-2006, 06:46
Were these injectors NEW or used? That's the first place that I would look...

A 150HP tune alone should be plenty to throw trans into limp. With a good set of injectors you hardly need any programming at all to see nice gains...

imsweetdaddy
09-03-2006, 09:51
well remanufactured, but the only reused parts are supposed to be the housings, tips and needles or what ever are aftermarket. ETR Performance Diesel in Tennesse, they said they have flow machines and all the necessary equipment to test them. Well I am still stumped!

More Power
09-03-2006, 19:16
What's ETR say about what could cause the fuel economy to take a hit?

Jim

Kennedy
09-05-2006, 09:30
I highly doubt that they have this equipment in house. If the bodies were used they are taking a BIG risk as the units used were likely no better than your old units.

The Dmax injectors are just too darn expensive and too hard to replace to take chances.

FWIW there are not adequate parts available for the aftermarket to do a thorough reman, in fact there's not much of anything available aside from nozzle assembiles which seldom fail.