PDA

View Full Version : GM J 29664-1 (Intake) Manifold Cover set

johnanc
08-23-2006, 18:23
Getting ready to put heads back on my 6.5, wondering what the tool
J-29664 called "Manifold Cover Set" that GM manual refers to is. Image in description shows 3 separate pieces, one is round, the other 2 smaller pieces look the same. Manual says they go in the Intake ports.

Robyn
08-23-2006, 21:15
These are spendy little tools that do what most people like me use a roll of duct tape for. They cover the head ports and or the air plenum to keep junk from getting in the engine while you are working on it. Once the intake is off any small tool or piece of gravel or ???????? could easily fall into an open intake port wreaking havoc when the engine is refired.
A simple roll of what we in the industry call 200 MPH tape will suffice. Just dont forget to remove the tape when you are done. He he he he. Seen that I have :0)
Dont leave loose shop rags laying around the engine bay when the engine is running and the intake open. More than one poor soul has watched in horror as their pride and joy swallowed a rag and quickly came to a stop after making sundry sickening sounds. This is serious and can do spendy damage to the engine.