PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LMM News

More Power
08-24-2006, 14:52
The new 2007 model-year LMM Duramax will be offered in the Chevy Kodiak and GMC Topkick medium duty applications. The medium-duty versions will be available in one of two ratings, 300 horsepower/520 lb-ft of torque or 330-horsepower/620 lb-ft of torque. :)

How does the 2007 LMM meet the new emissions requirements?

Additional combustion control, including an even more efficient variable-geometry turbocharging system, cooled (enhanced) Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and closed crankcase ventilation to reduce NOx
Additional exhaust control, including oxidizing catalyst and new Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) to reduce soot and particulate matter
Increased-capacity cooling system
New engine control software
Use of low-ash engine oilJim

Prestonia24
08-24-2006, 15:39
The new 2007 model-year LMM Duramax will be offered in the Chevy Kodiak and GMC Topkick medium duty applications. The medium-duty versions will be available in one of two ratings, 300 horsepower/520 lb-ft of torque or 330-horsepower/620 lb-ft of torque. :)

How does the 2007 LMM meet the new emissions requirements?

Additional combustion control, including an even more efficient variable-geometry turbocharging system, cooled (enhanced) Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and closed crankcase ventilation to reduce NOx
Additional exhaust control, including oxidizing catalyst and new Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) to reduce soot and particulate matter
Increased-capacity cooling system
New engine control software
Use of low-ash engine oilJim

Makes me glad I bought an 06 LBZ, as undoubtedly many of these changes will carry over to the 07 Silverado and Silverado Classic... Especially since i have 360hp/650lbs compared to the ratings given to the detuned versions in the Medium Duty trucks...

DmaxMaverick
08-24-2006, 20:26
Detuning for Medium Duty is the norm. Even now, the MD standard is less than the Light Duty version. The upcoming MD engine will have very little bearing on what is available for the LD consumer market.

mikel310
08-25-2006, 05:27

OK I am confused.

I talk to Banks Engineering just the other day, and they are a OE for GM.

They currently have a 2007 LLM engine that they are doing product testing on and they told me that the engine is rated for 410-horsepower / 820 LB-ft of torque. ARE THEY WRONG????

I am getting ready to buy a new truck and really need to know if I should buy a truck with the LBZ or wait and get one with the LLM.

I really like all of the new advancements in the new body style that are coming out in the new trucks, which in includes a better frame, better doors on the extended cab, foam injected in body spaces for sound proofing, better brakes and the list goes on. but if the engine is going to be a factor such as reduce performance large increase in maintenance costs or other problems the LLM engine may have, I rather buy now if that will be the case.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

mikel310
08-25-2006, 06:27
I found this post on the gm-diesel site.
Http://www.gm-diesel.com/diesel/vbull/showthread.php?p=128886#post128886

It was posted by jgreenlees who's Biography lists him as a diesel tech with a master a.s.e. truck and auto Cert. Located in california

This is supposed to be a GM Service bulletin

FUEL

Document ID# 1854851

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Info on Utra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel and Warning Labels on Fuel Station Pumps -This Info Applies to Diesel Engines w/RPOs LBZ, LB7, LH6, LLY, LMM, LL4, LQM, LQN, L49, L56, L57, L65, LG4, 1C3, 1C2, 1L5 #06-06-04-041 - (08/11/2006)

Models: 1997-2007 GM Light Duty and Medium Duty Trucks

with 6.6L V8 Diesel Engine (VINs D, 1, 2, 6 -- RPOs LBZ, LB7, LLY, LMM)

with 6.5L V8 Diesel Engine (VINs F, P, S, T, Y -- RPOs LQM, LQN, L49, L56, L65, L57)

with 6.2L V8 Diesel Engine (VINs C, J -- RPOs LH6, LL4)

1999-2007 Chevrolet W-Series Medium Duty Tilt Cab Models

1999-2007 GMC W-Series Medium Duty Tilt Cab Models

1999-2007 Isuzu N-Series Commercial Models

with 4HE1 (4.75L), 4HK1 or 5.2L Diesel Engine (VINs 4, 5, 6 -- RPOs 1C3, 1C2, 1L5)

2003-2007 Chevrolet C and T Series Medium Duty Trucks

2003-2007 GMC C and T Series Medium Duty Trucks

2003-2007 Isuzu H and F Series Medium Duty Commercial Models

with 7.8L Diesel Engine (VIN 3 -- RPO LG4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some fuel companies may be putting warning labels on their diesel fuel pumps. The warning labels will describe the sulfur content of the fuel. It will also advise customers not to use a 500 ppm sulfur fuel in a 2007 or later vehicle. Refer to the graphic illustration above.

At this time, customers may find more than one type No. 2 diesel fuel available:

DmaxMaverick
08-25-2006, 08:48
OK I am confused.

I talk to Banks Engineering just the other day, and they are a OE for GM.

They currently have a 2007 LLM engine that they are doing product testing on and they told me that the engine is rated for 410-horsepower / 820 LB-ft of torque. ARE THEY WRONG????..............

Banks is a GM OEM supplier. Not a supplier to GM. What Banks does has nothing to do with the releases from GM.

Also, read the article(s), and the statement I made above. The HP/TQ numbers are for Medium Duty applications (Kodiak, Top Kick), and are very different than power ratings for the Light Duty applications (1500, 2500, 2500HD, 3500).

The power ratings for the LD trucks won't go down. The competition won't allow it. GM has been leading the HP/TQ war since the 2001 M/Y, and have gained serious sales over it. I really don't think they are going to shoot themself in the foot, again. All the manufacturers are tight-lipped about their actual powerplant output until near release, which is too late for the competition to react in time for the M/Y release. There are two reasons for engine changes. One is marketing, the other is EPA mandates. A M/Y release is for marketing, and a C/Y (Calendar Year) release is for EPA. The EPA operates on a calendar year, and doesn't care about a manufacturer's M/Y release.