PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased an 06 LBZ

Petrella
08-24-2006, 18:48
When i first got my lisence I drove an old 6.2 to get me around until i picked up a 94 sub with a 6.5. I had the sub 5 yrs now. For years I always said, one of these days im gonna get me one of them, and yesterday i finally did that. Im happier than a little Kid in a candy store honestly, i pick up my new truck on wednesday and i cant even sleep at night LOL! I hear so many good things about the new LBZ my friend and my uncle bought one and said it was the best money they spent on a truck, and a lot of reading threads on the diesel page encouraged me to buy a new 2006 Duramax. I picked up the last available Fully loaded GMC duramax in ontario. I got all options availabe, black on black leather, sunroof, dvd, chrome steps, towing mirrors, the list goes on. Im sorry you guys had to read this but its the first new truck ive ever purchased in my life, and i feel like telling everyone that i finally bought a DURAMAX!!! LOL!!!!!

Anthony
--------------------------------------
2006 GMC CREW CAB Short box 4x4
LBZ Duramax/Allison

hapaschold
08-25-2006, 17:04
congrats on the new truck ! i m still grinning with mine also

cowboywildbill
08-25-2006, 19:05
Congrats on your new truck. Your going to love it.

jevanb
08-29-2006, 03:00
isn't it nice. after countless gassers 3/4 4x's I had to go with a LBZ and it is a world of diff. I just lov listening to the noise and the whine under the hood. the only thing i do not like about it is the milage towing, with my old 04 4x cc 6.0 gasser i was getting 8.5 towing our camper and no power, with the new truck I am getting 9.0 with a lot of pedal left. my father in law has the same truck and he is getting 12 with a 5th er and 5 k more weight (go figure)

Petrella
09-04-2006, 19:20
Got my truck on Friday and been driving it all weekend. lemme say this is the sweetest pickup I've driven in my life, I drive up to my cottage every weekend (about 100 miles) and got lots of hills on the way, where the old suburban 6.5 would slow down my new 06 would gain speed. Its unbelieveable!. She likes suckin the diesel back though thats for sure, I filled up on Friday, put 300 miles on it so far and im down to a 1/4 tank. haha its ok, its well worth it for the amount of power this truck puts out!!

Petrella
09-07-2006, 21:59
So far so so good but i wanted to ask one question, does anyone hear the power steering pump whine when turning the wheel left or right? as im turning the the steering i can hear it whine pretty loud but sound goes away soon as i stop turning. power steering oil level is right at the top. just wondering if this is normal

cowboywildbill
09-08-2006, 04:30
I haven't noticed it on the 06 yet. On our 02 I did get it sometimes when I turned it hard without moving forward on pavement, like jacking a trailer in a tight space. And if I was off road in deep mud and trying to keep from getting stuck it would really scream. I always thought the pump was a little weak on the 02. I don't know if anyone on the forum knows if they made any changes to them since then. Like maybe a smaller pulley to increase the pump's speed? I do recall earlier post about some of the shafts breaking on pumps.

AK Edition DMAX
09-08-2006, 08:55
the power steering pump acts as a brake booster when needed. Most drivers notice the whine when towing heavy loads or after braking hard for a long time...such as towing a load downhill and using the brakes alot.
Hope you enjoy your new truck.

Petrella
09-08-2006, 19:01
hmm thats strange, i havent towed anything heavy or use my brakes hard, but get the whine when i steer. aww well, the steering works great, i can live with the noise

drred4
09-08-2006, 21:37
noticed that too. It wines more than other trucks I have ever had. It only does it when turned al the way to one lock or the other though.

Petrella
09-09-2006, 20:23
if im also stopped i cant turn the steering all the way to the left and the right, maybe half way in both directions. when im driving no problem it works well

Petrella
09-10-2006, 21:27
got some pics posted of my new truck today

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB
LBZ/6 speed
305 70R/16 tires on Eagle 16x10 rims
Chrome wire mesh grille
pics of my truck - http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12647120&uid=2685617&members=1

ToddMeister
09-11-2006, 05:11
Make sure the front end grease points have been lubed, maybe not done from the factory??? No grease in the joints will make for hard steering.

Petrella
09-12-2006, 19:43
Ok cool, ill grease them and hopefully that will help. thanks Todd