PDA

View Full Version : FSD Cooler (Kennedy) installation question

sjgarcia
08-24-2006, 21:12
Hi all,

I'm under the gun to get my newly purchased FSD cooler kit from Kennedy installed. I'm using the remote installation package (cooler with new FSD and a 40" cable). The package arrived with what looks to be two different resistor packs. One is a small pink flexible carrier with what looks to be a really small resistor embedded in it. The other is a small PC board with a surface mount resistor. Both are sized to fit into the cable connector. Do I use one, both, either, which one?

Sadly, I've been driving the vehicle today with just the one. It was only when I was cleaning up the left over packaging that I noticed the other one. (Engine seems to run well.)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steve
1996 6.5L Diesel Suburban

Warren96
08-25-2006, 06:16
Call Kennedy and ask,i have always gotten a quick response to any questions!

EdHale
08-25-2006, 15:00
When I installed mine a few years ago, I removed the existing resistor from the pump and installed it in the extension cable. That way I was sure I had the correct resistor. Ed

sjgarcia
08-25-2006, 22:40
I heard back from John Kennedy. The PC board "style" is a #5. The red carrier is a #9.

Steve

Kennedy
08-26-2006, 10:31
The red unit is provided by Beta the mfr of the cooler. Personally I don't care to have it in there as it just creates confusion. We write 5 on the stanadyne box and have resistor details here:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=135