PDA

View Full Version : Price opinions wanted...

Mark Rinker
08-26-2006, 15:38
Hello old friends from the 6.5 forum! I have been deep in the Duramax world for a year or so, and the two 6.5s I own are waiting in the weeds for the Minnesota snow to start flying again...

A 1998 C3500 regular cab flatbed truck is for sale near my house. 125K miles - barely broken in if its been maintained well. Very plain jane, your basic white Forestry Service regular cab work truck with long diamond plate flatbed. Super HD package with factory overloads and the tallest, skinnyest tires I've ever seen on a 3500 series truck. Looks like a lumberwagon. The owner says he drove it up from Texas and it got 17mpg with the 5 speed manual tranny.

The number that hit me when walking around the truck was 8K. He is asking 11K.

Whats it worth?

ogrice
08-26-2006, 18:30
7k is fair for bone stock at 125k, if very well maintained. 11k is $2600 over NADA well maintained retail value.

By the way, I remember that you said that you were out of the 6.5 arena for good. You could be yearning for the days of 6.5L past.
Tread carefully or you're sure get caught up.

Mark Rinker
08-26-2006, 18:45
Yeah I hear ya. However, I have a specific need to supply a truck that will 'live' on the road, racking up some serious cross-country miles. Its a crap shoot - buy an expensive new truck and run it hassle free, making big payments and depreciating it off quickly, or pay cash for an older, capable truck and be ready for repairs...