PDA

View Full Version : newbie

pastordavid
08-30-2006, 10:32
I am in the process of buying a 02 duramax 3500 cc, I notice the front end seems to be lower and the body tilts foreward, does not resemble the picture with the cab and bed level, I would welcome any comments

cowboywildbill
08-30-2006, 10:37
Welcome, taht is normal. And if you look at the lower control arms on the front of the truck you will notice that they may rest on or touch the rubber bumpers that prevent the truck from bottoming out. That is from what I understand also normal.

pastordavid
08-30-2006, 10:54
thanks for the reply, did you keep the same size tires?

cowboywildbill
08-31-2006, 05:06
I did stay stock tire size on both of our trucks. I think that the truck is geared and engineered to use it's power most efficently, and I would think that the size of the tires plays into that formula. Nothing wrong with changing them, it depends on what kind of application you are looking for.
There should be a lot of guy's on the forum that can tell you the pro's and con's of tire sizes and types. They usually post tire stuff on the accessory page. Good luck and enjoy your truck. PS check out the classified page. There may be some items that will work on your truck.