PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Problem?

skidoorulz
04-13-2004, 09:40
I have a 1994 chevy 3/4 ton. It's throwing fault codes 23,27,49,78,84. but it only happens when I hook up my gooseneck and try to haul something. All of them are related to the foot pedal except 78, which is for waste gate actuator. But 78 only comes on when I'm pulling also. Has anyone had this problem or an idea. Would a bad foot pedal cause wastegate problems?

chickenhunterbob
04-13-2004, 17:55
Skidoo,

A while ago I had codes 23-27-84 also related to APP (accelerator pedal position) module, and received advice on a possible fix on the following thread.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005475

You may wish to give this a try, it is a pretty cheap repair if it works for you. A new APP module in my neck of the woods is $670.00 IIRC.

As for the wastegate, I don't know that the two are related, that type of diagnosis is beyond me, but they may be or you may have separate issues. Do a search in this forum for code 78 and I know you will find something.

Bob

moose1
04-14-2004, 20:52
I had a APP problem. My symptoms were that the truck would drop to an idle, but not stall. The code came back to the APP. There was some advise from prior posts (use the search)that suggested cleaning it by drilling small holes in the side and injecting a special cleaner. My problem just went away (?).

95 td K2500

FarmerDale
04-15-2004, 04:38
While no expert on keeping these running (mine is currently at a shop to start again), I noticed that you stated that this happens only if the GN is hooked up. In a process of elimination, have you hooked up the trailer, but not the electric plug to see if there is some sort of loop generated that is confusing the truck? I am questioning if it is the load or the electric load.