PDA

View Full Version : Ordered 07 Classic LBZ crew cab

RETLAW
08-31-2006, 18:02
Need to vent!! Ordered a 07 Silverado Classic D/A crew cab 2wd on 7/13/06. Dealer can't send in order because they don't have any allocation for this type truck. Order may go in tomorrow 9/1, then I might have truck by Nov. GM wants to sell trucks but you can't order what you want when you want it. Yes, I have tried to find what I want in stock. No luck. How's that for service? When I ordered this truck I didn't know the dealer wouldn't be able to put in the order for 7 weeks.

DmaxMaverick
08-31-2006, 19:40
Try another dealer (or threaten to). All dealers do not get the same allocations for trucks. They probably used up their allocations on other orders or stock. Larger dealers usually get a more generous allocation. If you find a dealer that specializes in trucks, they usually have the largest allocation. Dealers can do dealer trades for trucks or allocations. If you find another dealer with the correct allocation, you can have your current dealer trade with them for it. If they don't, they don't want your business.

hapaschold
09-01-2006, 17:23
i think allocations are based on prior sales at dealership, place i got mine had good year for dmax s in 05 so 06 they get all they want...

was talking with sales guy yesterday about a 07 yukon, he said 7 dmax s out the door in 11 days.....

id also say head to another dealer

O&A party rock
09-02-2006, 08:43
same message as everyone else, ordered 3 DMAX's that came in 2 weeks ago, 2wd LBZ's, took 8 weeks from order. This dealer moves alot of diesels and had no problem getting these 3. I wonder if you can order through one dealer and take delivery through another, like you can with corvettes. Might be worth a shot. Mirak Chevrolet in Arlington, MA is where I bought mine, they have an busy commercial sales side with a large alotment and might entertain something crazy like this.

Good luck, let us know how you made out.

Jesse

RETLAW
09-03-2006, 06:37
I hear what everyone is saying, but I didn't know that my order had not been sent in. They just told me it should go in on the 1st, I'll be checking again on tuesday. Had I known a month ago I would have considered checking out other dealers, and I'm sure that's why they kept me in the dark. This dealer is only 5 miles from my house and they have treated me okay on my present truck, which I did not buy from them, so I would like to stick with them. It's "FOR SALE" 02 D/A 2wd see classifieds. I might get lucky and find one in stock that I can live with, but I want what I want, and I can be fussy, that's why I order.

pontiac_m18
09-04-2006, 12:57
How about 2 options? First, e-mail me with the S.O.N. (Sales Order Number) & I can see what we can do about the accepting the order. Second, you might want to look at & check out this one in mi.

2007 Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab Stnd Box 2WD LT1 (LT1 1LT)
Engine: Engine, Duramax Diesel 6600 V8 HO
Transmission: Transmission, Auto 6-Speed, Allison
Interior: Custom Cloth, Dark Charcoal
Exterior Color: Summit White Exterior Color
Match MSRP*:$40,477.00
Current Offers:-$0.00
Net Price:$40,477.00

GRAFF CHEVROLET-BUICK-OLDSMOBILE, INC.
495 W SANILAC, SANDUSKY, MI 48471-1072 53.0 miles
Map

RETLAW
09-04-2006, 16:08
Thanks for the offer Pontiac, but I do not have an order # yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll know more, I sure hope so. I did see the 07 you mentioned, but as I said , " I'm fussy", I want leather and all the goodies I can get. I really want the blue granite with med. gray leather, but I might settle for a different color, but nothing less than LT3 for me. I'll keep checking dealers stock and maybe I'll get lucky, otherwise I'll wait for the one I ordered and hope I get it in time to put on a few miles and options before I head south to warmer weather with about 14k on behind.

02 D/A ext. cab for sale
07 D/A crew cab on order

RETLAW
09-30-2006, 17:15
And now the rest of the story. But first a Thank You to Pontiac m18 for all his help. I decided not to wait for the truck I ordered and found one in Florida, bought it over the phone and drove 1100 miles, one way, to get it and hauled it back with my flat bed trailer behind my 2002 D/A. I could not wait any longer, and just did not trust what my dealer was telling me. It's in my driveway and it's what I wanted. Now we will put some miles on it and haul my 5th wheel down to Florida for the winter. I really wanted a new truck -- BAD. Some have said I can be a bit crazy. Retlaw

Prestonia24
10-03-2006, 08:38
And now the rest of the story. But first a Thank You to Pontiac m18 for all his help. I decided not to wait for the truck I ordered and found one in Florida, bought it over the phone and drove 1100 miles, one way, to get it and hauled it back with my flat bed trailer behind my 2002 D/A. I could not wait any longer, and just did not trust what my dealer was telling me. It's in my driveway and it's what I wanted. Now we will put some miles on it and haul my 5th wheel down to Florida for the winter. I really wanted a new truck -- BAD. Some have said I can be a bit crazy. Retlaw

Glad to hear you got the truck you wanted. Let us know how the new 07 works out. Especially in RE: to Fuel Mileage/power/ride...

I bought an 06 about 3 months ago, because the timing was right, got a fully loaded 06 LBZ CC LT3 when chevy was doing the 72 hour sale, and managed to get 0%, which was a deal maker for me...

Done some light hauling with my LBZ, and I say it kicks more 4$$ than my old 03 5.3L gasser...

When loaded up in the bed with 2500-3000lbs (lots of racheting tie downs) the truck just feels stable, and the ride actually feels nicer interestingly enough....:cool:

mhagie
10-03-2006, 13:18

I wouldn't call you crazy, If I could afford a new Max I would go anywhere to get just what I wanted just like you.
you only go through life once, you might as well have what you want when you want it if you can afford it.
Hope the truck is all you expect it to be.
Merle