PDA

View Full Version : SES Lights

crazpony
09-01-2006, 15:13
The stalling continues, my question is this, when my truck stalls I don't get a SES light at all. When I try and restart the truck (cycle key off then back to on) I still don't get an SES light. The "Wait to Start" light cycles briefly, the "Water In Fuel" light cycles but no SES. After the truck sits 10 to 15 minutes, turn the key to on, the SES light illuminates.

Could it be the OBD II computer has or is crapping out? Where is the computer located, I have a K3500, crew cab dually.

Thank You

DennisG01
09-01-2006, 16:21
When my PMD (FSD) went bad, I originally had stalling with no SES light. Finally I got an SES light and it was replaced under warranty. You may or may not have a code in memory. Try going to an Autozone or Advaned Auto or the like - they will hook up a scanner to read codes for free. They don't have the most advanced scanner, but it might give you a starting point.

Bnave95
09-02-2006, 00:22
http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/DSwarranty.htm
Does this fit you.

Hubert
09-02-2006, 10:00
Its been my experience the Autozones/Advanced auto have cheapo $100-150 readers. I doubt many will pick up diesel specific codes. All other codes yes. They read my coolant low temp ses light just fine.

The OBD is not all that helful on stalling issues unless its the actual IP going bad. Then the SES light would be on all the time with a hard code (one that has to be cleared by scanner) I would think.

Hubert
09-02-2006, 10:03
The PCM lives behind the glove box. Go to Kennedydiesel.com tech tips for pics on high idle to see it.

crazpony
09-02-2006, 12:06
Up-Date, just got back from the Chevy dealer, the computer is getting ready to crap out, while reading the codes, the computer kept dropping off line, gave numerous codes (glow plugs, PMD, injector pump, blah, blah, blah, stall) came back on line with no codes or SES light, then drop off again. Diagnosis from Chevy, bad ECM. Cost to repair/install $300 with programming. Can't do it till wednesday :rolleyes:.