PDA

View Full Version : Still no glow plugs when warm

eembry
09-02-2006, 13:53
I had a post a couple of weeks ago about my truck which is a '92 chevy 6.5 . It starts fine when it is cold but you can drive it long enough to get it good and hot shut it off for 30 or 40 minutes and it is hard to start again. I tried a new glow plug controller since that seemed to be the consenses as to what the problem was but still the glow plug light never comes on if the engine is warm. Any other ideas. Can't believe it is the IP because it started all the sudden and it runs fine except for this problem. Anyone have any Ideas?

Bnave95
09-03-2006, 01:10
http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/guide2.htm
Have you read this? Most of this covers cold starts though could come into play with a warm Eng. that has allowed to cool. Many have also had this issue with a warm pump and found that cooling Inj. pump with water had allowed the pump to cool and start. The pump needs to be checked that it is clear of any air. Using a clear return tubing from pump to return line is the best way. The lift pump check vavle could be one of other issue's. Injectors that bleed back?ect. as can be read from above.