PDA

View Full Version : I finally got one

Dihrdbowti
09-04-2006, 14:55
I went down yesterday and finally got one. It's an 07 blue crew cab LBZ. According to the dealer it's basically an 06 as it doesn't have the new emissions stuff or the new design. They assured me that it doesn't take the ULSD just LSD although I didn't get that in writing. The manual of course is already written for the 07 and it recommends ULSD. What to do what to do.. Have yet to find a station that sells ULSD here in the Reno area. Still have half a tank from the dealer and another 250 to go to get to 500 (the recommended break in).. What are your thoughts on using/trying to find ULSD for this truck and recommended break in period? Thanks TDP for such a wealth of information and help.

DmaxMaverick
09-04-2006, 16:22
There are NO GM vehicles requiring ULSD, yet. The emmissions system on yours was/is designed for LSD (the fuel). The ULSD requirements shouldn't be seen in effect until after the first of the year. Once the vehicles hit the road, they will have reminders on the filler cap and door, and may also have it on the instrument panel.

Break in....
The only thing you really have to "break in" is the rear end. Change the lube after 500 miles of considerable towing, or 5000 miles. Vary speeds at first, and don't let the RE get too hot. Once the RE is broken in, drive it like you stole it. Another recommendation is to change the engine oil soon and often for the first 10K. It will help to clear out all the assembly contaminants.

Dihrdbowti
09-04-2006, 21:23
That's what I figured. I just wanted to confirm. I looked on the fuel door and cap and saw nothing.
I have just over 300 miles on her now and am so tempted to drive her like I stole her but I am holding back. Thanks for the info on the RE. I completely forgot about that.

cowboywildbill
09-05-2006, 12:11
Hi DmaxMaverick, I was under the impression that with the rear diff's now being filled with synthetic from the factory, that we didn't have to change them until normal maint schedule ? Did I assume correctly? Please let me know. I sure don't want to mess it up.
And congrat's on your new truck Dihrdbowti.