PDA

View Full Version : Time for some new tires

qinlet
09-04-2006, 16:50
I have a 2002 D/A with 45k and I pull a 12k camping trailer and I am in the market for some new tires on the truck an trailer. I want to stay with stock sizes and would like to get better to best tires. I know you guys have a lot of experience with tires so educate me.
P.S. I just took a baby step into the Edge market and installed a EdgeEZ kit thanks to KDs good info. I just wanted a little more power to help me up some small hills and the Edge EZ was really noticeable. I did not notice much difference in mpg but it sure did pull with a lot more gusto than I thought it would. As I use it more I will do some updates. Thanks.

Albee
09-05-2006, 19:43
My experience has shown that Michelin tires last about the longest. You pay for them, but dang good tires.

a5150nut
09-05-2006, 20:52
I have had real good luck with Cooper tires, and IIRC they are still American made.

DennisG01
09-06-2006, 11:39
believe it or not, Pirelli makes a very good E rated truck tire - Pirelli Scorpions. They are priced well and even have a mileage warranty!

jsmiracle
09-06-2006, 17:58
I am very fond of the Bridgestone Revo's, if they come in stock size. Great traction and tread life.

Jim M.