PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Recall

SS396
09-10-2006, 21:35
It is nearing the end of the GM fuel filter recall.

What happens if I don't go to the dealer for the recall? Is the VIN flagged or worse?

I change my own filters and don't really want to remove all my stuff for a filter change.

Happy GM is doing this but I am triple filtered already.

DmaxMaverick
09-10-2006, 22:03
Do what I did. Go to the dealer and speak to the warranty or service manager (whomever seems to have the most level head). Ask for a new filter, telling them you will install it yourself so the recall can be cleared. I said I change the filter frequently myself and I didn't want them to make a mess of my truck. For some strange reason, he understood.

SS396
09-10-2006, 22:36
Dmax, it's worth a try. Maybe I will use the excuse that I am too busy at work, just too hard to get the truck in.

One dealer may do it, the others go by the book.

I can see it now, what's that big red thing under the air filter? Lift pump, that doesn't belong there?

Betcha, they will have fun priming this sucker. For me it's easy just flick a switch, explain it to them, hmmm.

BozDMAX
09-15-2006, 16:04
I did the same thing as DmaxMaverick and it worked for me too. they may have torn the top off of the filter carton or something, but they didn't seem to have any trouble taking credit for the fix on the paperwork. I was in for some other work, but it was the first time at the dealer and they didn't know me from Adam.

SS396
09-18-2006, 07:08
Thanks Boz.

So far, no luck with the dealers around here. I am going to start contacting dealers further out in the country.