PDA

View Full Version : Help

civivr
09-13-2006, 06:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys we are having trouble with our winnebago it has a 1994 6.5 td in it the transmission will not change up the box we have put a snap-on scanner on it and it shows some pretty strange readings i.e. the throttle is going backwards and the voltage is showing 4.4 not 12 the gear selector is also showing ????? so it is a very strange problem there are no fault codes showing either any suggestions? also can i get a download of the engine and tranny wiring loom from anywhere? :by the way we are in the u.k.
Thanks for looking cheers Matthew.

DmaxMaverick
09-13-2006, 08:24
Welcome to the Forums!

We'll need more details about your problem before getting any idea what to do. Other members will jump in with questions, so stay tuned. If you have any DTC's present, bring them as well.

The throttle voltage is normal. It has 3 Pot's, on a 5V input/output variance. 2 voltages will increase, while one will decrease (or was that the other way around?? anywho..). It's the failsafe. The engine will operate normally with one failed signal, and set a code, it will operate in "limp mode" with 2 failed signals and set a code. The DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) you may see if there is a problem with the throttle are 21, 22, 23, 25, 25, 27, 49, 63, 64 and/or 65. The APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) module (the pedal assy) is generally very reliable, and poor connections/grounds are a more common problem than a failure. In any case, if the PCM doesn't like the response of the APP, it will iluminate the "Service Throttle Soon" lamp, and set a code. If you are not seeing any of that, your APP is fine.

I'm deleting your other post in the Members Forum. No need for duplicate topics, and they can get confusing. Good luck!

civivr
09-16-2006, 03:50
Hi guys,
Thanks for your help we think the problem is the ecu (pcm) we can get a new one for $564.00 with exchange i have borrowed a gm manual and it does state when fitting a new pcm you have to teach it throttle position is this relativley easy?