PDA

View Full Version : programmer for LBZ

cwood
09-18-2006, 17:48
I just bought an 06 with the LBZ had an 04 with LB7 I had the edge with attitude on old truck and was happy with it except I would like to be able to change the computer cause i have bigger tires, but am wondering if anyone knows what is best for the LBZ or who offers something that can do it all. I was also told that programmers like the edge cannot be detected by the dealer once removed since it is plugged in not actually downloaded and that if I download a program to the truck and remove it they can still tell its been there. My dealership seems picky so im worried about voiding my warranty.

Mark Craig
09-19-2006, 07:23
cwood,

So far we have had great sales of the Diablo Predator. The Bully Dog Triple Dog has just come out with the 2007 codes and has been doing well too.
Edge is due out (No promises) next month.

Mark @ DPPI

Kennedy
09-19-2006, 11:45
My best advice would be to wait until these mods have a chance to fully mature. Sure I could tell you what my customers say, but I know full well that the current mods are far from truly refined. If you have to do something now, then the Diablo or Superchips tuners would be my choice. Just keep in mind that they do NOT alter boost which is a key ingredient in and decent Dmax LLY/LBZ tune.

P.S. The dyno says many of the HP claims for LBZ mods have been a bit lofty...;)

soot
09-23-2006, 00:02
cwood,

I'm just like you. I had an juiced '04 LB7, & now I have an LBZ. I got lucky & am currently beta testing the new Edge. It's everything the old Juice was & more, even giving me a slight MPG gain, which wasn't the case with the LB7. 32 PSI boost on level 6 & according to other beta tester's dyno results, conservative HP claims. It's not even screwing up my fuel readings in the DIC. I'm glad I waited on Edge, since I seriously considered getting a Predator.

cwood
09-23-2006, 16:43
I think im gonna wait for the edge, but am considering also getting something else to adjust the speedo, brakes and transmission. Not sure what im going to use to do that. dont mind waiting on the edge need to sell the old one first anyway any idea what a used edge with attitude for LB7 is going for and where the best place to sell it is?