PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten Me On Exaust

REDTRUCK05
09-21-2006, 18:46
I have an 05 Dura lly. I was told by a freind that I do not have a cat. I do my own oil changes, but have never looked at the exaust. Is this true?

mark45678
09-22-2006, 04:15
I have an 05 Dura lly. I was told by a freind that I do not have a cat. I do my own oil changes, but have never looked at the exaust. Is this true?

NOT true ,as far as I know Fed spec , Cali / new england spec trucks ALL have cats. Fed spec trucks you should be able to remove the cat without setting codes but this isnt a hard rule. It is poss even with a Cali spec truck to remove the cat with a few aftermarket fooling devices. Basicly they set a low flow code on the EGR....

Mark Craig
09-22-2006, 07:40
REDTRUCK05,

As far as I know ALL LLY's had cats. Look under the passenger side front seat!

Mark @ DPPI

Dihrdbowti
09-25-2006, 13:51
NOT true ,as far as I know Fed spec , Cali / new england spec trucks ALL have cats. Fed spec trucks you should be able to remove the cat without setting codes but this isnt a hard rule. It is poss even with a Cali spec truck to remove the cat with a few aftermarket fooling devices. Basicly they set a low flow code on the EGR....

Depending on where you live. I live in Reno Nv. and we have to smog our diesels. If it came with a cat it better have one when it's gets smogged. :(