PDA

View Full Version : Help Injector R&R, injector turns, fuel line stuck

Hubert
09-27-2006, 15:53
Help uh oh.

Ok I have my inner fender out, turbo off, heat shield off etc.

Cleaned bank and blasted with air and ready to take out my first injector....

The injector is starting to turn but the injector line nut is not turning relative to the injector. I turned it just a bit maybe 1/32 -1/16 max turn and stopped. Do you think that trashed my injector line? What now? I squirted a little pb blaster and came to post.

What should I do? I might get some type of wrench on this injector but not other ones except no 1 maybe???.

Suggestions and advice to keep me messing up further appreciated.

Robyn
09-27-2006, 16:05
Use a cresent wrench on the injector body to hold it so you can get the line loose.
Use an injector socket to remove the injector.
I doubt you have hurt the line.

Robyn

Hubert
09-27-2006, 16:20
Easier said than done but thats what I am going to try.

I called Bill Heath (who I bought injectors, plugs and TM from ) and thats what he just told me too. Benefit from buying parts western time zones so when I need help working on my truck late they are still open. :-).

Any other suggestions for the harder to get to injectors if it happens?

Grrr its always something.

By the way these should be OE injectors engine must have been a Friday or Monday GM special.

I bought the OTC 6.2/6.5 injector socket and will use that for injectors once line is off.

Hubert
09-27-2006, 19:13
Thanks

I was able to get a cresent wrench on it and get it loose. Boy was that injector line tight. Appears ok.

I have all the turbo side out and vaccumed out the holes. Will install the new injectors & GP's in the AM with a little anti sieze on them. The glow plugs came out easy look to be 11g's. Really the glow plugs look OK I might ohm out tommorrow to compare to new ones for kicks. I'll crank it up and then do the drivers side.

I was using a crowfoot wrench to loosen the injector line originally and I think it helped turn the injector. I used an open end wrench on #4 and when I tried crowfoot on #6 or #8 I think it tried to turn the injector again. I put a wrench on it and the line loosened first. I was pretty straight I thought.

So how accurate is the crowfoot going to be when I try to torque wrench the lines????? If it matters these crowfoot wrenches are the flare type.

Number 6 glow plug is no fun with the down pipe there. I have an all welded exhaust pipe so no easy taking it out.

JohnC
09-28-2006, 13:50
So how accurate is the crowfoot going to be when I try to torque wrench the lines?????

Do you mean how much will it affect the torque? As long as the crows foot is at right angles to the wrench handle, it should have no effect at all. Any other position and it will either add to or subtract from the indicated torque.