PDA

View Full Version : firt look HD pick-up`s

6.5NOVA
09-27-2006, 22:49
September 28, 2006

First Look: Heavy Duty Debuts

GM caught us a bit off guard tonight by releasing a truckload of photographs featuring the new GMT-900 Heavy Duties. Silverado and Sierra HDs and duallies are all up and we're getting the pictures out to you as quickly as we can. Refresh the two pages below often for the rest of the night to get up close and personal with the latest of GM's strongest pickups.

Full Silverado & Sierra HD Press Release - Specs and Info

2007 Chevrolet Silverado HD Images
2007 GMC Sierra HD Images

------------------------------------------

Exceptional driving experience:

Standard Gen IV 6.0L V-8 gas engine with variable valve timing and class-leading power and torque (353 hp / 373 lb.-ft.)
Optional Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine with dramatic reduction in emissions and class-leading power and torque (365 hp / 660 lb.-ft.)
Fuel-saving, technically advanced six-speed automatic transmissions, including new Hydra-Matic 6L90 with gas engine
Strong ladder frame with hydroformed front section
New steering gear improves returnability and enhances on-center feel
Robust four-wheel disc brake system with standard ABS
New integrated trailer brake controller

September 26, 2006

take a look at cheersandgears.com

Quack_Addict
09-28-2006, 08:28
6L90? Wow. That ought to be nice. Is that the replacement for the 4L80?

No big-block gasser is being offered though? Is the 8.1L officially dead now?

WILLYD-MAX
09-28-2006, 10:16
What website are you looking at . I am curious.

DmaxMaverick
09-28-2006, 10:20
What website are you looking at . I am curious.

www.cheersandgears.com

More Power
09-28-2006, 10:42
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/2007Chevy2500HD.jpghttp://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/2007Chevy3500HD.jpg
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/2007GMC2500HD.jpg

They look good! ;)

Jim

DmaxMaverick
09-28-2006, 11:04
So much for GMC retaining the "Classic" appearance (old rumor). The GMC does look much better, IMO. What's up with that Chevy bumper thingy?? Looks like an afterthought.

I haven't decided if I like the "new look" or not, yet. But then again, it took me until 1994 to get warmed up to the '88.5 look. The 2001 HD didn't take but a few minutes, and the 2003 Chevy jury is still out. Classic really doesn't mean anything, anymore....Unless we are talking about a 1955....Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but....Form follows function. Too much effort dedicated to form, and not enough toward function, lately, IMO. It's all marketing, but it's working for them. Tough market, these days. Fuel prices, emmissions, sticker shock, HP wars....

FBJR
09-28-2006, 14:54
If any of you can get the DRIVE tabloid magazine there is a nice writeup in there too.
Shows a few motor options (don't recall diesel), capacities and bed storage features.

FB

Roy W
09-28-2006, 15:54
It looks like they eliminated the "add-on" fender flares.

lookin2buy
09-28-2006, 18:08
As of tonight I think the Front-end of the Chevy is ugly, and the GMC looks a lot better than the Chevy. The GMC looks like the grill area is more air accepting than the Chevy. I have to agree with DmaxMaverick, the front end looks like it was a last minute, lets get this thing on the production line decision. I dislike the fender well area's flared. The tailgate area looks pretty sweet, the running/brake light underneath the tailgate is a cool add-on. Also, I would rather have the D-MAX emblem on the door rather than the HOOD!

I'm sure when I start seeing them next year I will probably start to like the Chevy design, as for now the GMC is my personal prefrence.

RdTxTd
09-28-2006, 18:14
What's up with that Chevy bumper thingy?? Looks like an afterthought.

I saw a picture in the local paper today and was thinking the same thing. It looks like they just kinda threw a slab of something there because...well, who knows why.

Dave

Petrella
09-28-2006, 19:48
Nawwwww, id rather stick with my 2006, i dont find those trucks nice at all. But i found that the 2007 duramax undergone more changing:

A cleaner, more powerful Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine is available. It continues to lead the segment in power and torque, with power ratings increased to 365 horsepower (272 kW) and 660 lb.-ft. of torque (895 Nm). Upgrades to the engine and a new diesel particulate filter system help provide a 90-percent reduction in particulate matter and a 50-percent reduction in NOx (compared with current standards), meeting a new federal government mandate. All diesel manufacturers are required to meet the new emissions standard, starting in calendar year 2007.

I wonder what the RPO code is on the new engine, and what modifications were made.

AND WHEN IN GODS NAME ARE THEY GOING TO GET RID OF THOSE STEEL WHEELS ON THE DUALLIES GHEEZ!!!!! Ford and Dodge have been using aluminum for what, 5-6 yrs now????

Dont get me wrong the interior is nice but they took that "truck look" out of it, besides the emblem on the steering wheel id assume i was looking through the window of a Honda or Acura

-------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 GMC 2500HD
LBZ/6 Speed Alli

DmaxMaverick
09-28-2006, 21:33
......I wonder what the RPO code is on the new engine, and what modifications were made......

LMM....Read about what's coming HERE (http://www.dieselnet.com/news/2006/08gm.php). Some of the upgrades mentioned are already in use on the LBZ, which kinda' dates the info. Good article, though, and a link to GM's source page.

soot
09-28-2006, 21:47
Thanks for the link, 6.5 NOVA. I definitely like the looks of the GMC better.

WILLYD-MAX
09-29-2006, 06:38
Maybe my eyes are decieving me but it looks like they leveled out those angled towing mirrors. Also the tailpipe on the duramax looks like 4". Some nice looking trucks. The GMC is my pick.

john8662
09-29-2006, 08:44
It's getting better from the looks of things.

No dmax in my signature for two reasons, 2003+ appearance and $.

I like a lot of this new 2007, what I don't like is the bed, it has no body lines that match the cab, so it looks out-of-place. Needs some molding or something.

I'll be the oddball and say that i like the Chevy HD better, but I like the images viewed earlier here on the page of the 1500 series in the GMC better, probably the shorter bed appeals, etc.

J