PDA

View Full Version : Timeing gears and aligning

gofastpilot
09-28-2006, 16:33
I recently had the timeing gear on the IP come loose and break the alignment pin. Bought a new hub and pin and installed the timeing gear back onto to the IP. I aligned the timeing mark on the cam gear with the mark on the IP gear and proceeded to assemble.
Excuse me for being ignorant and not looking in a shop manual but I'm thinking now that there are 2 timeing marks on the cam gear and I may have aligned to the wrong mark ie; the crank timeing mark to the cam mark. Please correct me if I'm wrong .............gofastpilot

Bnave95
09-29-2006, 02:59
As long as you did not remove the timing gear and chain you can't mess it up.
Though this would of been a good time to replace or check that the chain had not stretch.
Cam sprocket dot/mark will be at 12:00 and pump gear at 6:00. Your pump pin will be at 12:00.

JohnC
09-29-2006, 08:05
...I'm thinking now that there are 2 timeing marks on the cam gear and I may have aligned to the wrong mark ie; the crank timeing mark to the cam mark. Please correct me if I'm wrong ...

You're wrong. ;)

there's only one mark. You have to rotate the crank once to get it to line up with the mark on the crank gear. It should be idiot proof, as long as the cam gear was not disturbed.