PDA

View Full Version : Need Starter support Bracket!

DieselDavy
09-29-2006, 05:36
I need a front starter bracket for the 6.2/6.5 big starters. Mine bracket actually fell out of the truck. The bracket bolt broke off in the block, vibration must have loosened the small nut on the starter and it fell away without my boy noticing. Both starter bolts broke, and the starter fell out! No kidding, it was sitting on my front diff and driveshaft when I got there!
Need it quick!
Call me! 260-482-4925
Dave

More Power
09-29-2006, 09:33
Is this needed for a direct-drive starter like that used on the 6.2 or a gear drive starter like that used on a 6.5? The brackets are different. I have a 6.2 bracket sitting on the bench... :)

Jim

DieselDavy
09-29-2006, 10:24
Jim,
This one is for the 6.2 with the MT27 starter, (big one) but they went to the gear reduction version, (according to John8662) after the 87 model year. I appreciate your offer but John told me they were cheap and gave me a part number, so I called my dealer, he said it was really cheap and he could have it here Mon or Tue so I said 'Giddy up!" Over the years, I've collected a couple of spares. I have rebuilt my spare MT27 and I have a used MT28 that was almost new when I removed it from a 6.2 I used to have. Unfortunatly, I couldn't find a bracket for either one of them!
Again, Thanks for your quick response. Thats what makes this place to great!
Dave