PDA

View Full Version : Vssb???

chango_ii
09-30-2006, 00:33
I been having my VSSB fault keep coming up. My question is can get one of a gas one, an do the VSSB Calibration . I'm short on cash i cant probaly get one at recking yard for under 20 buck. Any Ideas on this guy?

chickenhunterbob
09-30-2006, 06:22
I don't know if they go bad or not, you don't hear of it happening much.

But it you determine that your VSSB (the white module that plugs in behind the glove box somewhere) is in fact defective in some way, I have a spare you can have for nothing.

The previous owner got a new one to accomodate the 265/75/R16 tires and left the old one in the console.

My truck is a 94, so I suspect they are the same, although have no way to know for sure.

From recollection of past posts, I think that often times the input and output sensors on the transmission do occasionally give trouble.

Maybe if you could post your code(s) some of the more capable troubleshooters could help to pinpoint your source of trouble.

If you do need it, PM your address and I can throw it in the mail.

a5150nut
09-30-2006, 18:30
I went through this last year. Replaced the sending unit and put up with it not working for another year. Got a replacement VSSB from someone here on the BBS and put it in. Still nothing. Went through all the checks in the book and it was the "New" sending unit I had put in last year. New isn't always the answer. If I only had saved the receip to get the first one replaced.

Get out your manual and a digital meter and check everything first.

chango_ii
10-01-2006, 12:12
well I started to check thing around the transmission the transfer case. I notioce that, the transmission speed sensors that only on was connected the other one does not have a plug. the only that is plug is the rear one. any ideas?

a5150nut
10-01-2006, 18:28
Mine is a std 5 speed so I can't say for sure. But there was a post a while back that said something about the automatics having two sensors. IIRC it had to do with the automatic 4x4.

chango_ii
10-01-2006, 22:28
My truck is 4x4. hmm? well ill continue to check things out if i find out i'll let you know .