PDA

View Full Version : LLY is missing

50+
10-03-2006, 10:03
My LLy has just recently developed what I can only describe as a slight miss only at idle. Its only done it three times, but all within the last week. It doesnt do it all the time, and clears itself up after a short time. All three times it happened were after the engine had come up to normal temp. It accelarates just fine, and does not have any loss of power thats noticeable. I've got about 17,000 on the fuel filter, and its almost due for an oil change. Anybody experienced this? Thanks.

DmaxMaverick
10-03-2006, 10:25
17K on the fuel filter??? That's a good place to start. 10-15K tops, especially if it's the latest filter design. Many are reporting less than 10K before the filter starts to cause a significant restriction. Remember, your fuel system does not have a lift pump. The system is suction from the HP pump to the tank. A plugged up filter will cause issues under the best of conditions.

mark45678
10-03-2006, 14:18
your in my opinion about 5000+ miles over due for a fuel filter! The next think to have your dealer look at the 2004.5 lly I had has a problem with the injector pig tails (the wires that fire the injector break) . I am fairly certain there is a service bulitin on this. Make sure they do both injectors when its in , mine got towed back in 2 months later because the clown did only the on that was skipping. Cost me a pile of money in the end , got a 2006 to replace the 2004.5.....

50+
10-03-2006, 19:25
Thanks Guys for the info, thats why I posted my question here, lots of experience and knowledge. Dealer told me I could go 20k, but I'm pickin up a filter tommorrow and changing it myself. My truck just turned 33,000 and it goes in next week for oil and filter. I will ask about the injector pigtail service bulletin.