PDA

View Full Version : Trailer break hookup ?

PBRmeASAP
10-04-2006, 13:10
I just got the factory style pigtail to plug into the under dash/hook up on the left side of the steering column. It is a drawtite harness, and the wires are not labled. The trailer brake has 4 wire as does the harness, and hell they are all the same color, brake unit and harness, should be a no brainer, but i DO NOT want to mess anything up, so i'm asking the experts....you guys!
On the trailer brake (Valley unit) white is ground, blue iis the brake (should go to the center of the 7 pin if not using the factory harness) red to the brake switch, and black is hot or battery.
The harness has the same colors, but not labeled. I did get the handy dandy test light out, black is power when truck is running, and the red only has power when the pedal is applies, so thoes are the no brainers.....

So i'm left with white (ground) and blue (brake) am I safe to say the pigtail harness is the same white (ground) and blue (brake)?

Thanks for any help...

Jeff

JohnC
10-05-2006, 13:39
Definite maybe. I've got an '06. If you look at the back of the factory connector, the side the wires come out of, left side top to bottom is Blue (Controller output), Red (Battery feed), Brown (brake controller illumination). Right side top to bottom is Lt Blue,(Vehicle stop switch), not used, Black (controller ground).

PBRmeASAP
10-06-2006, 06:51
got it figured out yesterday....thanks

FBJR
10-06-2006, 12:23
got it figured out yesterday....thanks

AND ????????