PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wipers/Washers Quit

TxBeaux
10-06-2006, 07:36
On my 2004 2500HD, I have power at the 25amp fuse and the relay but no washers or wipers. It doesn't even try to work like it's a blown fuse. Is there a circuit board on the wiper motor prone to quit? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

DmaxMaverick
10-06-2006, 08:20
The wiper/washer share power until the circuit reaches the switch. At the switch, they operate independently downstream. Check for an open circuit between the underdash fuse block and the switch. There is a connector about mid-column, and there should be the same voltage you find at the fuse block. On 2001-2002 vehicles, the hot wire is yellow, but should be the same for 2004, as the switches are compatible. There is also a 15A underhood fuse for the washer motor. The wiper and washer circuits have RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) protection, so loss of power at one circuit may effect the other, but I'm not sure. The RFI protection is the only common circuit after the switch, but they usually just get "noisy" when they fail. Their grounds are also indepenent.

If all circuits and fuses check out, the switch stalk is probably bad. I would not suspect the wiper motor, as it operates completely independent of the washer motor. Failed stalks are not too uncommon.