PDA

View Full Version : Driving, not towing, in Tow/Haul mode

KrazyNate
10-06-2006, 13:35
I just bought an 02 DMax, w/5 spd Allison. Just curious if it is ok to run it in Tow/Haul mode while not towing. I dont use it for acceleration, mostly when slowing to exit the highway or for passing.

Is this ok??

And yes, Im a Noob here and to diesel trucks in general. So be easy..

DmaxMaverick
10-06-2006, 16:43
Welcome to the Forums!

No problem with T/H at anytime. It may reduce your economy during acceleration, because it increases the shift RPM's. It will also delay OD. With my 285 tires, that's about 64 MPH. I use T/H loaded or not when the temps are high. It seems to help the A/C work better while driving around town. Been doing it for over 100K with no issues.

Good question.

SoTxPollock
10-11-2006, 10:22
Hey KrazyNate, everyone was a Newbie once, but this is a freindly forum. By the way where is Krazy Town? and you can use T/H anytime, but like DmaxMaveric said it will cost you in fuel mileage because of delayed upshifts, but probably save brakes and run cooler temps in hot stop & go.

KrazyNate
10-12-2006, 10:52
Hey KrazyNate, everyone was a Newbie once, but this is a freindly forum. By the way where is Krazy Town? and you can use T/H anytime, but like DmaxMaveric said it will cost you in fuel mileage because of delayed upshifts, but probably save brakes and run cooler temps in hot stop & go.

Krazy Town?? Ohh, its on Krazy Island in a small lake called... You guessed it, Krazy Lake.. Due south of Krazy Canada.... :D JK, central Washington State... Lots of mountains and awesome dirt biking country... Thats where my nickname comes from.. Ill try anything (almost anything) on my dirt scoot... Im silly :eek: