PDA

View Full Version : SES code

cndnls
10-11-2006, 10:22
Can anyone tell me if the "ses" code of P0193 (fuel rail pressure sensor circuit high input) has anything to do with the injectors going bad?

Kennedy
10-11-2006, 11:42
This varies based on model year, but the troubleshooting for this code begins with checking fuel filter restriction:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/images/Dmax-fuel-filter-rest1.gif

followed by a fresh filter, and in all likelihood adding a good lift pump or pump/filter setup:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/images/pumpfilter_dmax.gif

In a nutshell, the 1093 is typically caused by a restriction, but may also be casued by (less common) excessive return rates at the injectors...

cndnls
10-11-2006, 15:14
sorry 02' d-max

rat4go
10-12-2006, 11:31
Most of the serv manual diagnostic tree centers around an open circuit in either the 5 volt reference wire going to the pressure sensor, or an open in the signal wire coming from the sensor back to the ECM (or a frapped sensor).

Rat4Go

cndnls
10-12-2006, 15:29
Thanks! I took it to the dealer for a no. of problems injectors they think won't know until tommorrow.

cndnls
10-13-2006, 10:48
Got news from the dealer today, 4 injectors are bad, and that is all they will replace under special policy #04039. any body have info on how I could get them to replace all 8 under the policy now?

DmaxMaverick
10-13-2006, 11:11
Got news from the dealer today, 4 injectors are bad, and that is all they will replace under special policy #04039. any body have info on how I could get them to replace all 8 under the policy now?

Special Policy #04039 has NO reference to replacing less than ALL 8 injectors. Either they are not reading or not abiding the policy. The policy is a directive from GM, so the dealer has NO descretion once they determine the policy applies. They must replace all 8 injectors, or their action is NOT in accordance with the policy.

Likely scenario:
Dealer replaces your 4 injectors, and your truck runs fine. Dealer collects the flat reimbursement from GM for replacing 8 injectors, including cost of parts, labor, and any overhead. Your truck is nearing the end of the 5 year limitation of the policy. After your extended warranty expires, another (or more) injector fails. You are denied warranty repair for your failed injectors, that should have been replaced under the special policy. The dealer profits (additionally) on the labor they did not perform, and parts they did not use. Period.

Get a second opinion from another dealer. Inform the other dealer of what your current dealer told you. Initiate a complaint through GM CS, via the other dealer.

cndnls
10-13-2006, 11:15
Thanks allot I called the dealer and told him about the special policy and he said that he thought he heard somthing about replacing all 8. He was going to check and call me back.

DmaxMaverick
10-13-2006, 11:38
Thanks allot I called the dealer and told him about the special policy and he said that he thought he heard somthing about replacing all 8. He was going to check and call me back.

I would tell him, "Nice try", and find another dealer. Most dealers will try to do the right thing. You are better off getting no answer, than the wrong answer. They know what they are doing (Duramax policy-wise), and have been doing it for a long time now. I don't believe that response for a second. If there is a remote chance that dealer is just now catching on, I wouldn't want them touching my truck!

cndnls
10-13-2006, 13:20
now the dealer says they will replace 6 I called customer service they gave me their special team service who implied that all 8 should be changed. she's calling yhe dealer RALLY CHEVROLET in palmdale CA. to see what their reason is. I'll keep it updated.

DmaxMaverick
10-13-2006, 13:35
Don't walk away from that dealer.......RUN!!!

At the very least, go talk to another dealer. If they agree, they can pickup up your truck and do the work. Any dealer has to be better than the one you are dealing with now. If they can't get such a straight forward policy right, I wouldn't trust them to do any work on my truck. They should have done at least a few of these under the policy.

cndnls
10-13-2006, 15:23
now I ambeing told that the injectors were allready replaced under this special policy 04039 so now they will not replace all 8 only the bad six. have you heard of this?:eek:

DmaxMaverick
10-13-2006, 16:11
I would insist they install 8. If you can't get them to do it, you should pay for the other 2 injectors. You need to make sure all 8 are of the same series. Find out when the first set was done. If it was early in the campaign, the current injectors may be updated.

cndnls
10-13-2006, 16:32
Looks like that is what I am doing but the side the 2 old ones are on has been finished and closed up allready so now they want $1200.00 to do the two cause they need to open it all up again B.S. and they can't do that until next week B.S. but a "guy" there told me looks like these two old ones look like they will go bad in approx 200miles ;)
we'll see!

DmaxMaverick
10-13-2006, 18:24
Unless you absolutely have to have your truck back soon, I suggest you tell that dealer to halt all work. Get a GM rep/arbitrator involved. I'd question whether they even did the two on the side they said they did. Why would any competent tech leave 2 injectors in, that in his opinion, are going to fail as soon as you leave the dealership (unless that "guy" there is the janitor)? If you yell loud and stomp your feat enough, they will cover it. If you are still under 100K, your OEM engine warranty still covers you, with or w/o the extended warranty. The only difference it a $100 deductible with the OEM engine warranty.

Get some GM help from someone OUTSIDE that dealership. You are getting screwed. Sooner or later, it's gonna' hurt.

cndnls
10-16-2006, 12:59
I called the GM service help line and they told me it was up to the dealers discretion on this only because they have been replaced under the special policy before and they could not give me any other #'s or any more info help etc. on this. so I called additional dealers in CA, they all said about the same thing. it is up to the area rep.

cndnls
10-16-2006, 16:21
Got the truck back today ran fine until about half way home, stopped to get a drink, went back turned it on running rough black smoke comming out of t-pipe. made appt. with another dealer! keep ya posted.:mad: