PDA

View Full Version : Ground Locations

96TD2500
10-15-2006, 14:56
Is there a ground diagram to pinpoint all main ground locations on the engine and frame rail. I'd like to clean all connections to rule it out of my stalling/no start problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BrentN
10-15-2006, 17:35
One connection that got me was the main ground connection for the Computer and all of the sensors that ground to a stud on the intake manifold between cylinders #6 & 8 (Passenger side of block towards rear). Mine was loose after the GM dealer replaced the pump. Gave me weird oil pressure readings, sudden engine shutoff, "Service throttle soon" light. Once I tightened, ALL of these things went away...18 months ago. There is also an engine ground strap down in the area where your turbo down pipe routes. I am not sure of any others...but adding more grounds can never hurt as well as your battery cable ends. Once the weather starts getting damper, those connections will start rearing their poor connections.

Good Luck.

jspringator
10-16-2006, 17:07
I connected my negative battery posts together with a stout cable to ward of those electrical gremlins.

tommac95
10-16-2006, 19:39
The Helm manual does have a section dedicated to ground circuits and their component locations. Do you have a Helm manualset?