PDA

View Full Version : Good Times!

Rot Box
10-15-2006, 15:13
I had a lot of fun today, and thought I would share. A friend of mine (die hard Ford guy) just bought a 97 Power Stroke, and put a pretty cool chip on it. We went out for a cruise, and just for fun we compared (basically raced ;) ) my 6.5 against it. He doubted my truck (quite a bit actually) because earlier he raced (on his 50 HP setting) a Cummins 24 with some "work done" , and apperantly "blew it out of the water". No stress... I wasn't out to prove anything I have just never raced anything really, and was just curious.

For starters he put it on his stock HP setting, and we hammered down! I didn't quit pulling on him, so he imediatly put it on 50 HP, and again I pulled on him pretty decent untill about 80 when I pretty much geared out. Then the fun ended (sort of) when the 100 HP came out... then the 140HP, and you get the story. Not bad if you ask me! Our trucks have exhaust/intake work aside from his chip, and other than that they are basically both stock. Now I know things like gearing/weight, and all that acount for a lot, but we are not pro's we were just having fun ;)

Good times anyway... and I fell pretty good about what I have acomplished with my truck so far........I also can't help but think of how it would be if I also had a cool chip like that one :cool:

soulman67
10-17-2006, 13:11
before my truck broke down, I raced two of my friends. Well it started out just them racing each other. One has an 02 powerstroke 80hp chip and the other a 98 cummins several mods so he claims. They started ragin on 6.5's so been full of beer we headed out of town redlight racing to the interstate my right on their bumpers hiding in the clouds of black smoke. I passed the cummins just as we left the city limits, on the entrance ramp I broke lose the tires and got a little side ways stupid curves texas puts in them. Any way I went straight for the hammer lane and started pulling away from them. Not only could I keep up with my truck had a faster top end. I can run 3600rpm in overdrive with 4.10's. But I cheated I didn't tell them about my heath wastegate and the number 10 miltary ristor, plus I had my boost peaking at 16psi

Its cool when poeple under estmate what a 6.5 can do. I can't wait till I have enough saved up for one of ronnie joe's 6.5's I can have a lot of fun with that kind of 6.5