PDA

View Full Version : Code 17,18

David Brady
01-07-2004, 14:28
My blue tag pump has 109K miles that I have put on and total 162K on the truck, evidently the pump was replaced before I bought it. This morning it stalled at a light and when I restarted it went into I believe "backup fuel" mode with very little power. It came out of it once when I topped off the tank and did okay when I stopped and got a new filter, but slipped back into the low power mode a few minutes later. Checking codes at home I have 17,18,35,36. I checked the fuel flow with my auxilary switch and at the pump I had good flow. Does this mean the inside of my pump is trashed and ready to replace? It is hard starting and gives a good rattle when it finally takes off. Has anybody seen these codes for something other than destroyed rollers? I put a remote FSD on about 8 months ago and 10K miles. Thanks,

[ 01-07-2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: JDave ]

Gapper_ca
01-08-2004, 13:02
well according to my chilton book the codes are

17 High resolution circut fault
18 pump cam reference pulse error

35 injection pulse width error(response time short)

36 injection pulse width error( response time long)

hope this helps you

David Brady
01-08-2004, 13:49
Thanks Gapper,
I have a book and I looked at the codes, but what I'm wondering has anyone recovered from these codes and gone another 50K. From my research on the site it doesn't appear likely and I just got a new pump. Thanks,